Conversion version from 2.5.24 to UMA NG
New article about the version 22.214.171.124 (09.2020)
An upgrade from version 2.5.24 to UMA NG v3.x is not directly possible due to technical restructuring. Therefore, a conversion version was developed, with which the upgrade can be performed.
Removing the Transparent Mode
The transparent mode is no longer available in UMA NG.
The HUB mode must be configured instead.
This can also be configured in step 4 of the upgrade wizard.
Access is only available via eth0
In previous versions up to UMA 2.5.24 the interfaces were bridged.
It was therefore irrelevant whether access was via eth0 or eth1. The eth1 interface is deactivated as of UMA v2.9.9
Access to the UMA as of v2.9.9 is exclusively possible via eth0
You should check which interface is used before the conversion.
- Log in as admin on the console
- via SSH with username (admin) and password (before Remote Login) in the menu section
- directly at the appliance (only admin password)
- execute ip a
- Result contains:
- eth0: [...] state UP [...] : Interface eth0 is used. All is well
- eth0: [...] state DOWN [...]: The interface must be changed mandatory.
Start of Version 2.9.9.x
Depending on the structure (fragmentation on the hard disk or in the raid) and hardware, between 20GB and over 50GB / hour are processed.
1TB Mail archives -> 17h - 52h.(All information is for orientation only and is not binding.)
- Provide the conversion version:
- For VMs:
- Download version 2.9.9.x from the Reseller portal as an ISO image (1st entry).
- Insert .iso into the virtual drive and
- Restart the appliance:
/ / Section System / Button
- for hardware appliances
- Download version 2.9.9.x from the Reseller Portal as a USB image (2nd entry)
- Create a bootable USB storage device
For this purpose, you can use our imaging tool from the reseller portal in the download area at Tools.
- Connect USB stick with the boot image and
- Restart Appliance:
/ / Section System / Button
- It should automatically boot from the USB memory device
When booting, press Del or F2 and select USB stick as boot drive
- For VMs:
- Read license conditions, confirm and choose option < Upgrade >
- Confirm the message Upgrade done with < OK >. Appliance restarts.
- Registration at the web interface
- Complete the update (to v2.9.9.x) and restart
- Re-Login after restart
- Download next firmware
This ensures that the converted data can be used. Version 2.9.9.x is exclusively intended for conversion.
If no firmware update for UMA NG v3.x can be found here, the previous version can be restored in the tab section Firmware Version.
- Users will not have access to the database during the upgrade
- If a current version 3 has been successfully downloaded, the conversion can be started.
Preparing and starting the conversion
- Confirm backup
- Smarthost for status messages during the conversion
- Configure HUB mode
- Check global archive rules
- Mail address for report
- Start conversion
- After successful conversion the upgrade to version 3 can be performed
- If the restart was successful, the new firmware is saved as a permanent boot version. This requires another reboot.
Conversion completed with error message
It is possible that errors occurred, but the conversion could still be completed.
A common reason is, for example, a missing SID in the header
This email never received an archiving SID and was therefore not archived correctly.
An archiving was now carried out provisionally without a timestamp in the LTA.
The conversion can be completed with the button .
Termination of the conversion
In rare cases it can happen that the conversion terminates without result.
In this case our support should be contacted to find solutions.
This process is much faster than the conversion, but the timestamp and therefore the evidence value is lost. The prescribed archiving according to GoBD is still guaranteed.