- 1 Requirements
- 2 Connect to the VPP (Volume Purchase Program)
- 3 Deploying an App in Apple Busines Manager
- 4 Overview of the app administration
- 5 Description
- 6 License assignment
This Wiki article describes how to deploy apps in the Mobile Security Portal using the Apple Volume Puchase Program (VPP).
New function from version 18.104.22.168 (07.2020)
- To use the Apple Volume Purchase Program, a link between the Securepoint Mobile Security Portal and Apple [MS/Enrollment-iOS-DEP Device Enrollment Program (DEP)] is required.
- To deploy apps via VPP, the Securepoint Mobile Security account must be linked to the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
Connect to the VPP (Volume Purchase Program)
The connection is done in three steps at Update VPP-Token/ /
- Download the Apple Push certificate (*.pem file)
- Upload this certificate in the Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager
This is only required once per location.
Download the vpp token in the Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager in the menu Settings / Apps and Books / My Server Tokens / Load
- Upload the *.vpptoken file. Finish with Done
VPP tokens expire annually and must therefore be renewed regularly
Deploying an App in Apple Busines Manager
- The apps are purchased in the Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager in the menu content / apps and books.
- Afterwards they are available with the purchased number of licenses in the new menu .
- The assignment of the apps to a device is done there after selecting the respective app tile in the tab License Assignment .
Additional note in the article for Apple VPP Apps.
- The free apps must first be "purchased" in the Apple Business Manager / Apple School Manager (at a price of € 0,-)
- in order to allocate the (free) licenses to the devices
- and then install the apps.
Overview of the app administration
The Apple VPP licenses overview lists all apps purchased or licensed by Apple busines Manager and can be assigned to devices.
|Show / hide details: For a lot of apps, it can be helpful to hide the display of the most important details.|
List view / Grid view
|Switch between lists and grid view.|
|Refresh the display|
In der App-Kachel angezeigte Details:
| Available licenses
||Number of free, still available and total number of licenses|
The Description tab displays the app developer's details from the appstore. (Securepoint has no control over the content)
In the click box for devices available devices can be assigned to this app license.
After these preparations the app can be installed via the menu
Call the corresponding app tile / tab
|Source||iTunes Store ID||iTunes Store ID 1436024470 Example for the Securepoint Mobile Security App|
|or Identifier||de.securepoint.ms.agent |
Example for the Securepoint Mobile Security App
|or Manifest URL||URL that can be used to download the app without the app store.|
|Take management||Activation is necessary to delete the app remotely.|
|Not specified||An Apple ID configured on the device is required for installation|
|Legacy Volume Purchase Program||(Not recommended!) To use, if an existing VPP should not yet have been upgraded to the Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager.|
|Volume Purchase Program App Assignment||Required to install apps without device users being logged into the App Store.|
|Both disabled||Application data is included in the icloud backup.|
App remains on the device when the profile is deleted
|Delete app if the MDM profile has been deleted||Deletes the app from the device when the profile is deleted.|
Application data is included in iCloud backup
|Prevent backup of the app data||Prevents application data from being included in the iCloud back.|
App remains on the device if the profile is deleted.
Finally, the apps are pushed to the devices with the install apps button in the app overview.